Event | How corporate transparency and accountability can drive food systems transformation19 November 2020
- Date: Tuesday 24 November 2020 at 10:30-11:30 (CET)
- Title: How corporate transparency and accountability can drive food systems transformation
- Hosts: Access to Nutrition Initiative, The Sustainability Consortium, Wageningen University, World Benchmarking Alliance
- Audience: Open/ Multistakeholder
In order to drive the dramatic shift needed to align business with the goals of the food systems transformation agenda, transparency and accountability of company performance is key. The Sustainability Consortium, the Access to Nutrition Initiative and the World Benchmarking Alliance each produce tools for such measurement. This knowledge can facilitate dialogue between leading businesses and their stakeholders, prompting innovation and solutions for some of the toughest SDG challenges.
For the private sector to play its part, we need consensus on what is expected of companies, in addition to better and more timely insights into actual performance. Accountability mechanisms, such as indices and their methodologies, are core to this as they translate the needs and expectations of stakeholders into a measurable business action, providing a recipe of change for the private sector.
- How can accountability help to strengthen the impact of the UN FSS?
- Shifting accountability from a reporting burden to an opportunity through concrete examples; what actions or partnerships are being taken as a result of available data?
- Influence of investors using data to shift corporate action?
- What is needed to create an enabling environment for accelerated business action beyond accountability tools?
Format and Speakers:
A panel of food companies and one institutional investor exploring what it means to be a corporate leader on food systems transformation and the role of accountability mechanisms in that journey:
- Katherine Bryar, Head of Global Marketing & Branding, BioMar
- Francesca Suarez, ESG analyst, Mirova
- Manasi Deodhar, Global Communication Manager, Ajinomoto Co. Inc.
- Bart van Westreenen, Director Procurement, Supply Chain & Sustainability, Albron